Thursday, June 5, 2014

Color Project



In Progress  

I picked creature for my color project. I incorporated this theme by drawing a picture of a turtle. I decided to add designs because turtles have many shapes and I wanted to take advantage of that  and make it look really cool.

 I used colored pencil because it fit the best for all of the tiny details. paints, oil pastels and chalk are all hard to do tiny details with. they also make it hard to have such a variety of bright colors.


I had difficulties with making the proportion of the head and body right. I also had trouble getting the right size and curve of the shell.

Finished

I think my piece was very successful. The shapes turned out really well and the colors all went well together. I am most proud of the detailing in the flippers and the shell.

If I could change one thing, I would have spent a little more time on the background of the piece. I could have made it a little more realistic.


I learned from this project that little details take a lot more time than you would think but it is worth it in the end!








Planning: 


No comments:

Post a Comment